"Erected 1914 in memory of David F. and Eloise L. McGilvray with funds bequeathed by their son David F. McGilvray."
Original location: at intersection of Main and Summer Streets. Later relocated to Putnam Grove then, in the summer of 1979, to the grounds of the Peterborough Historical Society behind the war memorial gates.
Gift of David McGilvray in honor of his parents.
Moved to Putnam Park.
Moved to Historical Society site.
Moved to its current location in front of Town House.
SOURCE: Our Changing Town, Vol II, page 395.