History of Twenty-Six Grove Street

26 Grove Street (3 School Street)

Historic or Common Name: Union Store/Winch & Field Store

Construction: ca. 1855

Description: 2 ½-story gable-front commercial block, full-width porch, 6/6 sash

Notes: building was blacksmith shop, moved by 1858 from So. Peterborough & enlarged for a store. 1910-1946 Bryer’s market, 1946-70s Lloyd’s Market, Nonie’s in rear 1950-70

C[ontributing]/N[on] C[ontributing]: C[ontributing]

SOURCE: Driemeyer, Laura; Laprey, Kari; Monroe, Lynn; and Hill, Teresa. New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources, Area Form, Peterborough Downtown Historic District, June 2010, page 101