Historic or Common Name: All Saint’s Episcopal Parish House/Office
Description: 1 ½-story side-gable building, Georgian Revival, 5 bay, 1-story wings, gabled dormers, slate roof
Notes: Built before church, first services held here (1954:182)
Contributing/Non Contributing: N[ational] R[egister] listed 1980
SOURCE: Driemeyer, Laura; Laprey, Kari; Monroe, Lynn; and Hill, Teresa. New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources, Area Form, Peterborough Downtown Historic District, June 2010, page 110
SOURCE: Our Changing Town: Peterborough 1939-1989, page 418.
Across the parish green from the rectory and to the left of the church is the Old Parish House, which was used as an oratory while the church was being built. After being renovated and enlarged in 1996, it now has more office space for the rector, parish administrator, organist and choirmaster and director of christian formation for youth as well as a much larger area for the community food bank in the basement. It also has a parlor for smaller gatherings, a nursery for infants and small children, and four classrooms used for christian education as well as a variety of ad hoc meetings for the church and community groups.